NOTICE TO ALL TRAVELLERS
DUE TO A RECENT REQUEST BY THE FRENCH CONSULATE AUTHORITY, CAPAGO WILL FROM NOW ON REINFORCE SECURITY MEASURES AND THIS WILL REQUIRE ALL TRAVELLERS WHO ENTER OUR PREMISES TO UNDERGO A SECURITY SEARCH. WE THANK YOU IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR UNDERSTANDING AND CO-OPERATION.
80% of appointments are available in advance and the remaining 20% of appointments are made available each morning for the next 24 hours.
If you have already obtained a previous Schengen visa and your biometric data (i.e. digital photograph and fingerprints) was previously collected, you can be exempted from giving your biometric data again on condition that:
You have a copy of your previous Schengen visa, on which the remark VIS appears on it.
Your biometric data was collected within the last 5 years (to be more precise within the past 59 months).
If the above conditions apply to you, then you do not need to appear in person in order to submit your application for a new visa. A third party may submit your application on your behalf, which must obligatorily be accompanied by the letter of proxy carefully completed and signed by yourself. Your attention is especially drawn to the fact that your application will be refused if the conditions detailed above are not met. The French Consulate reserves the right to request a new biometric data collection if the biometric data collected in the previous application is not re-usable.
Issuance of short-stay visas in 48 hours from the 1st January 2015
Visa applicants holding a South African passport and born in South Africa who apply with all required documents will now see their short-stay Schengen visa delivered in 48 hours: 2 business days from the time the application is lodged at Capago in Cape Town and Johannesburg until the passport is made available for collection.
For the Durban branch, the 48 hours delay does not include the transfer from Durban/Johannesburg/Durban.
This measure is a result of France’s will to simplify the visa application procedures for South African nationals and follows the recent introduction of a service whereby any applicant can submit his/her application at any of the 3 Capago offices, no matter where in South Africa he/she resides.
We remind you that it is mandatory to have insurance to apply for Schengen visa( except for Diplomatic or Special passport holders).
Insurté© has selected two international leaders in the insurance market which allows you to get your insurance certificate online through the links below:
We remind you that you are free to subscribe any insurance you want. The list of insurers and intermediaries in your country is available here: http://www.insurancegateway.co.za/