Travel Insurance Requirements
- Validated by French Consulate: Friday, 27 September 2013 15:50
European Union Directive (Decision 2004/17/EC of 22 December 2003) sets new requirements for travel insurance, which is a mandatory document for obtaining a visa.
The travel insurance should be:
- Valid for all Schengen area if you apply for a short stay visa. (If insurance specifies only France, it is not valid).
- Valid for France if it is required in the document list and for long stay.
- Valid for DROM/CTOM (French overseas departments and territories) according to your itinerary.
- Your travel Insurance must be valid with a minimum cover of € 30,000 in order to face any expenses that may arise in connection with your repatriation for medical reasons, urgent medical attention or emergency hospital treatment. The travel insurance should fully cover minimum your stay in the Schengen area for short term visas and 1 Year MINIMUM for a National visa.