Travel Insurance Requirements
- Validated by French Consulate: Thursday, 27 November 2014 12:22
It is a mandatory document for obtaining a visa.
The travel insurance should be:
- Valid for all Schengen area if you apply for a short stay visa. (If insurance specifies only France, it is not valid).
- Valid for France if it is required in the document list and for long stay.
- Valid for DROM/CTOM (French overseas departments and territories) according to your itinerary.
- Your travel Insurance must be valid with a minimum cover of € 30,000.
- Your travel insurance should fully cover minimum your stay in the Schengen area for short term visas and 1 Year MINIMUM for a National visa.
We remind you that it is mandatory to have insurance to apply for Schengen visa( except for Diplomatic or Special passport holders).
Insurté© has selected two international leaders in the insurance market which allows you to get your insurance certificate online through the links below:
We remind you that you are free to subscribe any insurance you want. The list of insurers and intermediaries in your country is available here: http://www.insurancegateway.co.za/